Image Map

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Florence- Part I


Florence

After a couple nights in Venice, we headed to Florence.  Florence turned out to be our favorite city.  After leaving the sleepy city of Venice, it was so nice to be surrounded by the hustle-and-bustle of Florence.  Definitely a lot to see and do in this city!  This was also the city where I had the most unbelievable meal!  It will go down in history for me….yum so good!


DSC_0661e

We checked out the Ponte Vecchio and the leather markets.  I would be lying if I said we I didn’t pick up of piece of leather goods while I was there ;)

DSC_0764e
We also went to the food markets, which were unbelievable!  Derek claimed some olive oil with truffles.  Definitely a treat for him as truffles are just “ok” for me.


DSC_0774e

Derek and I took a cooking class while we were in Florence.  I read great reviews of the GiglioCooking School on TripAdvisor; so, I booked a private lesson with one of their chefs, Francesca.  It was unbelievable of how much work it took to make a homemade Italian meal!!  We were cooking for 3 hours solid.  But it turned out be fantastic.


DSC_0778e
Derek making our pasta


DSC_0782e

Our menu:
Eggplants sformatini
Tagliatelle of hand made pasta with dry tomatoes pesto
Black cabbage gnudi with sausage sauce
Tiramisù


DSC_0794e
Picture with our instructor!


DSC_0766e

We also stumbled upon this beauty!  Seriously ah-mazing cathedral!  When I say stumbled, I really mean that…..we got so lost the first night in Florence that it took TWO HOURS to get back to our hotel.  Haha, it really wasn’t “lost”, just wine-induced/lack of concentration of where we were going!


IMG_0303e


DSC_0667e


And that was part I of Florence.  Part II will include our trip through Tuscany and wine tastings!


post signature

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks at all those veggies! That is so cool!

Jane {In The Pink & Green} said...

Wow, that's so cool you guys took a cooking class! What a fun thing to do over there...glad you enjoyed Florence! :)

Kristen said...

That is definitely a gorgeous cathedral! And I love that it was unexpected. And that is seriously such a great idea to take a cooking class. SO fun!! If I ever go over there, I am definitely stealing these wonderful ideas!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

What a great idea with the cooking class! Such a fun memory to have from your trip!

Love your dress!

Lauren said...

The cooking class looks amazing!

Faith said...

I need to go!! Your trip sounds amazing! The pictures are incredible! And you looked gorgeous, as always!

P.S. my name on Instagram is midnyteblue13 :)

Anne said...

What a fun idea to do a cooking class! Yum.

Love the rest of the photos too - and it's funny that I had kind of the opposite feeling of Florence and Venice. I was there in the summer, and Venice was so crowded you could hardly walk around - it was like Disney World or something!

Kristin said...

that cathedral is amazing!!!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

How fun is the cooking class! Love that!